You probably know that annual maintenance is important for your HVAC system. But, do you know why it’s important? Here’s what you need to know: a spring AC tune-up increases your summer energy-efficiency, helping you keep costs low all year long. Plus, regular maintenance increases the lifespan of your HVAC unit.
Don’t take just our word for it! The Environmental Protection Agency and EnergyStar both encourage consumers to have an annual tune-up for optimal performance. A spring tune-up prepares your unit for the summer months, so you’ll be ready as the temperature goes up.
To schedule your tune-up, contact us today!
Here’s what our spring AC tune-up includes
If you were going to go on a long trip, you’d have your car tuned up before you left, right? In a similar way, it’s your AC that’s gearing up for a long, hot trip through the humid Louisiana summer season. It deserves the same care.
Trust your AC tune-up to the experts here at Ace Air. Here are just some of the things we look at when we inspect and tune up your air conditioner or heat pump:
- Lubricate motors and moving parts that might be covered in dust, reducing the stress on the system.
- Check refrigerant levels to ensure that there are no leaks, offering you confidence that your system will keep you cool as the days get hotter. It also protects the environment from release of toxic gases.
- Tighten electrical connections that might be loose, which is one of the most common issues that we see each year.
- Clean the evaporator coil. This coil picks up dirt and grime in the air throughout the year. Cleaning it in the spring helps the unit work more efficiently.
- Check the thermostat for proper calibration. If your thermostat doesn’t read the right temperature, the AC won’t work properly.
- Clean the condensate pan and drain. Stagnant water can cause algae, mold and mildew to grow in your system, which can cause the drain to clog, leading to water damage. The AC will also switch off.
Schedule your AC tune-up and maximize your summer comfort and savings
A spring AC tune-up can save you time and money in the summer. On the hottest days of the year here in South Louisiana, you can rest easy knowing that you made the smart decision to have the professionals at Ace Air take a look at your system. Ensure that your air conditioner, heat pump, or ductless system is ready for the summer ahead by calling us to schedule your tune-up.